Flemington as an event venue
Welcome to Flemington Racecourse, the best-known and oldest continuing metropolitan racecourse in Australia, with races run here every year since 1840.
With its superb facilities, Flemington hosts 23 racemeetings every year, including the prestigious Melbourne Cup Carnival.
Flemington is not only a premier racecourse, however. It is also a world-class entertainment venue. Throughout the year, numerous events are held here, including music festivals, conferences, children's events and more.
With acres of immaculately manicured lawns, an unparalleled view of the Melbourne skyline and one of the most famous rose gardens in the world, magnificent Flemington offers a unique blend of historic atmosphere with contemporary venues.
The racecourse is located just 10 minutes' drive from the CBD and 15 minutes from Melbourne Airport. It offers 6000 car parking spaces, and is close to public transport options.
Update on Supafest:
Due to a failure to meet the terms and conditions relating to the booking of Flemington Racecourse by the promoter, Supafest will not be held at Flemington Racecourse. For more information, please contact Supafest.
Shannon's Aussie Car Show
Sunday 18 August
Sunday 17 November
Sunday 24 November
Flemington Craft Markets 2013:
26 May, 23 June
- View our upcoming racemeetings at Flemington.
- View our upcoming Flemington events.
- Find out about Flemington: The Event Centre.
Helpful information for your visit to Flemington
- Visiting Flemington Guidance to assist you in planning your visit to Flemington Racecourse, the Melbourne Cup Carnival and the exciting city of Melbourne, including a Google map and downloadable maps.
- Getting to Flemington Find out more about the best ways to travel to Flemington, including public transport options, car parking, taxis, hire cars, ferries, helicopters and more.
- FAQs We answer your questions on planning your visit and give you some tips.
- Visiting Melbourne Learn more about Victoria's capital city, Melbourne, and the location of Flemington Racecourse.
Next to Flemington Racecourse is the Melbourne Showgrounds.
Epsom Road, Ascot Vale VIC 3032
Phone: (03) 9281 7444
Email Melbourne Showgrounds
Conveniently located in close proximity to the CBD, Melbourne Showgrounds is Melbourne’s largest and most versatile indoor/outdoor venue.
Only 7km from Melbourne CBD, and 15 minutes from Melbourne Airport, Melbourne Showgrounds is easily accessible for exhibitors, staff and attendees, making it an exciting alternative and preferred choice for event organisers looking for event space within the metropolitan area.
In addition to car parking on site for up to 2000 vehicles, Melbourne Showgrounds is also well serviced by public transport, including trams, buses and trains.
Coming up at the Showgrounds
The Melbourne Showgrounds website lists upcoming events, conferences, trade shows and more:
For more information, contact:
- phone: (03) 9281 7444 for information on specific events or to see their event calendar
- email Melbourne Showgrounds.
For more information or to speak to someone directly about events being held at Flemington:
- Contact Customer Service on 1300 727 575.
For all queries about events being held at the Melbourne Showgrounds, contact them directly:
- phone (03) 9281 7444 for information on specific Melbourne Showground events
- email Melbourne Showgrounds.